Now I’ve finally gotten around to my Liebster post. A great thank-you to Tony Roberts who nominated me. The fact that this weird blog gets the amount of recognition it does is truly a blessing!
Here are the fine bloggers I am going to share the award with:
(If you’re here, let me know if the hyperlinks aren’t working. I just learned how to do that)
And the super fun questions from Tony Roberts:
What is your favorite punctuation mark?
I would have to admit that it’s the exclamation point. I use it enough, even though it’s taboo in the writing world. I am under the notion that it has the power to make any ridiculous thing I say sound sincere and good-natured.
Do you really believe man walked on the moon or have you come to accept the reality that it was a very elaborate Hollywood hoax?
I find conspiracy theories intriguing and scary at the same time. I do believe there was a man on the moon, just like I believe that 9-11 was exactly what it was reported to be. If it’s true that the government-media-complex is inherently evil and relentlessly deceitful, well, I’d rather bury my head in the sand than believe it for now.
What brand of toothpaste do you use and why?
I use Tom’s (fluoride free) because I am selectively a health nut and live with health nuts
Can you listen to John Prine (above) without smiling and/or Zoe Muth (above) without crying in your beer? (If yes) Are you human?
I tried really hard not to smile at the John Prine video, but I think I did. Ugh. As for Zoe Muth, I could listen to that without crying while completely sober. I’m reasonably human.
Do you prefer print books or e-readers?
I tend to use and enjoy both, but I find e-readers a little more convenient and the classics are free! (exclamations!)
Share a quote that you find inspiring.
“Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.”
If you write, what is the title of your work in progress? If not, what book are you currently reading?
I just wrote something called “Laurie”
Favorite Beatle? (John, Paul, George, or Ringo) Why?
Ringo, because no one talks about him, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.
What group of workers do you believe actually deserves to make what top entertainers and athletes make?
People who clean toilets
Name one poster you put on your wall growing up.
Funny, but I’ve never hung posters before
And now for the nominees. Please choose 10 other bloggers, answer the questions below, and come up with your own 10 questions in a post:
1. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you enjoy running?
2. If you could go back in time and live in any decade of the 20th century, which would it by and why?
3. What is one embarrassing memory you have from adolescence?
4. What is one important factor that has shaped your beliefs / outlook on life?
5. What is one stupid movie you’ve seen and enjoyed against your better judgment?
6. How do you feel about social media in general (other than blogging), banal or beneficial?
7. If you could be doing anything in the world right now, what would it be?
8. In the event of an apocalypse / total economic meltdown (because really, how often do people get stranded on deserted islands?), what three vegetables (yes, vegetables) would you bring?
9. Is there extraterrestrial life?
10. What is your favorite cartoon from back in the day, and would you be willing to transport yourself into it?
Congratulations to the above nominees and all other informative and interesting blogs out there!